Saturday 13 August 2011

Day 3 - Surprises

It's day 3 and things are still going strong, and there have been a couple of surprising developments.

Firstly due to the core element of the bet, no McDs, I basically haven't eaten anything since Friday afternoon. But, Sunday is pizza and sofa day in Jimbo-land and the chap on his bike is on the way as I type. That, and the fridge full of Stella, should keep me going for a while.

The second major surprise is that my flat is still relatively tidy 2 days after the cleaner has been. Usually by this time on a Sunday there are the remains of several trips to the Golden Arches spread around the place, but not today! The downside of that is there is very little chance of me finding a bonus double cheeseburger under the coffee table.

Also, this little experiment seems to be turning me into a nicer person. I had originally planned to play a little trick on one of the other competitors today by filling her house with sweeties while she was out, but new (malnourished and quite weak) Jim doesn't play dirty! Well, maybe a little bit... Here's a nice picture of just one of the things Jacx isn't allowed for the next few weeks :-)



There's probably not going to be much news for a few days, even in my pre-bet days I could usually stay away from the junk food Monday to Wednesday each week. 

More from Life Without Ron later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment